Services for Olive Growers
Olivino sets the benchmark for reliability and quality olive milling in Northern California.
Since 2005, our team has milled olives and packaged oil for regional olive growers every year, from individuals to national market leaders. Olivino customers who grow olives rely on our expertise for realizing the highest possible quality olive oil from the fruit they bring us. Working closely with an Italian milling expert since the beginning, our production workflow has been constantly adapted to new needs and optimized year for year.
Our system offers both a stone mill and a blade crusher, which can run separately or simultaneously. Our traditional Frantoio with three granite wheels crushes 1.5 tons of fruit per hour, while the blade crusher processes 3 tons per hour. Specially designed to maintain a low operating temperature, the blade crusher maximally conserves the organoleptic properties of any olive varietal, preventing undue bitterness.
After milling is complete, the oil is settled in barrels before it is racked, blended, and bottled. We provide all required containers for a nominal fee. Filtering is available upon request. We purposely leave our own oil unfiltered so it may retain its maximum original properties, nutrients and flavor.
Olivino offers a full range of packaging solutions for all types of use from your own personal kitchen, tasting room sales, restaurant use, or major retail outlets. Our goal is to ensure the best possible protection and branding for your oil.
You can select models from our assortment of bottles, or you may supply your own; Upon request, we can fulfill any number of hand assembly needs, including custom enclosures and more.
• dark bottles protect your oil from light
• screwcaps provide a tamper proof enclosure
• bartops should be used with foil, plastic or wax enclosures for additional tamper proof.
• shipping costs can vary greatly with different bottle weights
We generally recommend pressure-sensitive labels.
• Film (rather than paper) absorbs oil stains much better
• The advantages and disadvantages of wings vs. front and back labels
• Harvest, bottling, and/or expiration dates educate consumers about freshness
• State law requires labels to have the producer's city, state and zip code
• State law requires weight in ounces and milliliters
Standard white cases fit 12 bottles. Custom-designed case printing is available.